- 1/3 cup Coconut cream
- 1 Small lemon, zest finely chopped, juiced
- 1 Small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 4 Large field mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil, + extra 1/4 cup
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Large tomato, sliced into rounds
- 50 gm Rocket
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbon
- 400 gm Sweet potato, skins washed and scrubbed
- 1 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 Organic egg yolk
- 2 cups Pepitas
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary, chopped
- To make patties, chop and steam sweet potato over boiling water for approx. 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a heat-proof bowl. Mash, then cool. Add the egg yolk, flour, thyme, black pepper.
- Mix well to combine. Shape the mixture into 4 burger patties. Roll in the pepitas to coat.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Chill for approx. 30 minutes to set firm.
- In the meantime, combine coconut cream, lemon zest with juice, and chilli in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stand at room temperature until needed.
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Brush the mushrooms all over with the combined coconut oil andgarlic.Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until just tender and golden crisp. Transfer to serving plates, cap side down.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the extra oil to pan. Cook the patties for approx. 4 minutes each side or until heated through and golden.
- Place the patties on the top of the mushrooms, top with tomato, rocket and cucumber and drizzle with the coconut cream mixture to serve.