Zucchini Fritters and Capsicum Relish
These versatile zucchini fritters are so quick and easy it is worth cooking up a bigger batch. They’re so handy for breakfast served just on their own.
- 2 cup zucchini grated
- 3 free range eggs
- ½ tbsp olive oil for cooking extra virgin
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 flat tsp Massel chicken stock powder Cracked pepper
Roast capsicum relish
- 2 large red capsicums or 3 small
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp stevia ½ cup coconut sugar as an alternative
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl combine the zucchini, eggs, nutmeg, stock powder and cracked pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan over a high heat. Mould the mix into balls, drop into the pan and press flat, then reduce heat to medium. When brown on one side turn over and cook other side.
- Serve topped with roasted capsicum relish.
- Remove the seed and core from the capsicums. Place under a hot grill until the skin starts to blister and blackens slightly. Then remove and wrap individually in cling wrap and leave for several minutes to ‘sweat’. Unwrap and peel the skin off the capsicum, then chop the flesh. Add this to a sauce pan with all the other ingredients. Bring to the boil and cook for 30 minutes, or until a chutney-like consistency is reached. Check taste – if not sweet enough you may need to add a little more Stevia powder or coconut sugar and stir well. Pour into sterilised containers, seal and refrigerate.
If you have time though you could add a couple of rashers of bacon to make a really scrumptious breakfast. For lunch they are your protein source, just add a green salad. For another quick change add some roasted vegetables and the humble zucchini fritter becomes a great dinner. The roasted capsicum relish can be made in larger batches and kept in the fridge. If time is your challenge you can buy relish, just check the sugar content. Cooking and preparation time: fritters (6 minutes) – relish (45 minutes) This recipe is suitable for the “The hCG Diet Australia” protocol.