This is a simple dish to prepare, but really delicious.
Red curries are milder than green curries.
Add it to a bed of cauliflower rice for the family – eat it just like this to comply with your maintenance program.
- 12 medium sized green prawns peeled & deveined but with the tails left on
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 8 green beans, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ small red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh coriander ¼ teaspoon stevia powder (optional) 6 basil leaves for garnish
Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add green prawns, ginger, onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through and set aside.
Reduce the heat to medium. To a saucepan add red curry paste, coconut milk, fresh lime juice, stevia, fish sauce, green beans, mushrooms, capsicum and cook for 5 minutes. Add prawns, stir until reheated. Add a little water if more liquid is preferred. Remove from heat and stir in fresh coriander leaves. Ladle into bowls and garnish with basil leaves.
Cooking and preparation time 15-20 minutes.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter