Sticky Caramelised Teppanyaki Chicken
- 100 gm chicken breast
- Asparagus or Bok Choy as your vegetable to serve
- 1 tsp oyster sauce, soy sauce or coconut amino sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger fresh grated or ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or one clove crushed
- 1/2 tsp mirin
- lots of black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- Put chicken & marinade ingredients into a snap lock bag & move the marinade around the meat.
- Trim asparagus or cut the bok choy base and wash.
- Heat a pan till hot then add chicken. Don't be afraid of chard bits or colour this adds flavour.
- Cook until chicken is nearly cooked and nicely caramelised.
- When pan gets dry or starts to burn around the edges, deglaze the pan with ¼ cup chicken stock or water. Do not use all at once or it will stew. Just a little at a time to stop the pan from burning/drying out.
- Then allow liquid to evaporate and continue to cook again.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Careful not to overcook it.
- Plate up chicken then add asparagus or bok choy into the pan.
- Add more water or stock. Just enough to cover vegetables & cook approx. 2-3 mins. The liquid should evaporate and flavours left from the chicken will infuse into them. Don't overcook the vegetables as they should still be firm and juicy.
- Serve with chicken.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh shallots/green onions/scallions whatever you have in the kitchen.