Spinach & Parmesan Slice
This slice is tasty, nutritious and filling, so will work well as a breakfast or lunch. Make a large tray and it will keep for a couple of days.
- 1 bunch spinach stems removed and chopped
- 3 free range eggs
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp shaved parmesan
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp pure butter
- Preheat an over to 180C.
- Wash the spinach and squeeze or spin dry.
- In a saucepan melt butter and onion and cook until starting to brown then add spinach.
- Cook until softened.
- Remove from heat and mix through beaten eggs, grated parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Grease a square or rectangle oven dish approx 25 cm and spread mixture evenly over the bottom.
- Sprinkle shaved parmesan over the top and bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until set.