This is such a simple but delicious favourite of ours.The flavours of the succulent beef blend so well with the juiciness and crunch of the pear. Ideal dinner recipe for those hot summer evenings.
- 2 thick slices fillet steak or rib fillet
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste optional
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- Cos lettuce sliced
- Green pear sliced
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup tarragon chopped
- Add garlic, chilli, oil, pineapple juice, soy/tamari sauce to a shallow bowl and mix.
- Cut the steak into thin slices and place in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate if time allows. Heat on high, a non-stick frying pan and add the pieces of steak and brown on both sides quickly, reserving the liquid in the bowl. Then add the liquid and allow to cook on low heat for a couple of minutes stirring well. Add a little more oil or water if the marinade dries out.
- Remove the steak and sauce from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Arrange all the salad ingredients on plates ready to serve. Then add the steak and drizzle over the remaining marinade. Serve with cracked pepper.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter