Fig, Prosciutto & Blue Cheese Salad
With their floral, delicate skin and luscious, jammy texture is it any wonder these vibrant fruit are summer’s best indulgence. A real winner as part of your Christmas Day feast.
- 30 walnuts pieces
- 12 very thin slices of prosciutto can substitute ham
- 8 large ripe figs
- 250 g blue cheese
- 1/2 mint leaves
- 100 g rocket
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp yellow box honey
- Mix in a small bowl the honey, vinegar & olive oil and leave to stand in a warm place. Arrange the rocket leaves as a base over 4 plates, sprinkle with mint leaves. Cut and trim the figs into halves or quarters if extremely large and divide equally over 4 plates.
- Place three slices of prosciutto between the figs. Crumble or break the blue cheese so you can drop pieces over each plate.
- Sprinkle the walnuts evenly over each plate. Pull through a few of the rocket leaves.
- Mix the dressing well again to make sure the honey has mixed through the oil and vinegar. Then drizzle over the 4 plates of salad.