Ideal lunch or dinner that can be teamed with a garden salad. These tasty skewers can be cooked quickly on a grill or BBQ.
- 250 g free range chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 cm piece ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder or 1 teaspoon yellow box honey
- 1 tsp hot peri-peri sauce
- 2 tbsp minced coriander
- 8 mini vine ripened tomatoes
- 4 small onions peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp capers optional
- Packet of wooden skewers
- Place ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy/tamari sauce, stevia/honey, peri-peri sauce and coriander in a large bowl and mix together well. Place cubed chicken in the bowl with the marinade and mix thoroughly, ensuring chicken is well coated. Tip the contents of the bowl into a freezer bag, remove air and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Pre-soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Thread chicken cubes on to each skewer, placing a chunk of onion between each one or two pieces of chicken.
- Brush grill or BBQ with olive oil and heat to high temperature. Place chicken skewers on hot plate and reduce temperature to medium. Cook for 10-12 minutes turning once during cooking until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from grill and add a tomato to each end of the skewers. Serve 2 skewers on to each plate, add salad and garnish with capers.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter