Chilli Lime Chicken Skewers with Capers
Ideal lunch or dinner that can be teamed with a garden salad. These tasty skewers can be cooked quickly on a grill or BBQ.
- 250 g free range chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 cm piece ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp soy or tamari sauce
- 1/4 tsp stevia powder or 1 teaspoon yellow box honey
- 1 tsp hot peri-peri sauce
- 2 tbsp minced coriander
- 8 mini vine ripened tomatoes
- 4 small onions peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp capers optional
- Packet of wooden skewers
Place ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy/tamari sauce, stevia/honey, peri-peri sauce and coriander in a large bowl and mix together well. Place cubed chicken in the bowl with the marinade and mix thoroughly, ensuring chicken is well coated. Tip the contents of the bowl into a freezer bag, remove air and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. Pre-soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Thread chicken cubes on to each skewer, placing a chunk of onion between each one or two pieces of chicken.
Brush grill or BBQ with olive oil and heat to high temperature. Place chicken skewers on hot plate and reduce temperature to medium. Cook for 10-12 minutes turning once during cooking until cooked through and golden.
Remove from grill and add a tomato to each end of the skewers. Serve 2 skewers on to each plate, add salad and garnish with capers.