A quick and easy favourite with a good balance of protein and healthy carbohydrates to fit perfectly into your maintenance program.
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tsp water
- Cayenne or black pepper to taste
- 1 small red or brown onion sliced finely
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan on high.
- Add the tomatoes (save 2), add onions (save a couple of slices), and pepper to the pan and reduce to medium heat quickly tossing the vegetables until slightly soft.
- Remove the vegetable mix from the pan and set aside.
- Mix the eggs with the water and pour mixture evenly into the pan. If you don’t have a non stick pan you may need to add a little more oil.
- Allow to cook and set a little, then add the vegetable mix.
- Crumble 2/3 of the fetta into the omelette.
- Using a spatula loosen the edges of the omelette from the pan and fold half of it over the vegetables.
- Cook for a minute then flip the omelette over and cook for another minute on this side.
- Serve garnished with the saved feta crumble, chopped parsley, tomato halves & onion slices.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter