San Choy Bow
(pork mince in lettuce cups) serves 2 for dinner or 4 for light lunch or snack
- 500 gm Lean pork mince
- 1 tbsp Peanut oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 4 Green shallots, chopped
- 1/2 Red capsicum, finely chopped (optional)
- 230 gm Water chestnuts, drained & sliced
- 1 tbsp Sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander
- Iceberg lettuce washed & pulled apart into cup size shapes.
- Heat oils in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and shallots, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add mince and stir until brown. Add capsicum, water chestnuts, soy & oyster sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add coriander and mix through.
- Leave to rest for about 3-4 minutes and then stuff lettuce cups with the meat mix.
- Serve with chilli sauce (optional) and green tea.