This is a classic Asian dish that is truly delicious and fits into our maintenance and healthy eating program so well.
- 500 grams lean pork mince.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 green shallots, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 230 gram can water chestnuts, drained & sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- Iceberg lettuce washed & pulled apart into cup size shapes.
Heat oils in a skillet on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and shallots, cook for about 2 minutes. Add mince and stir until brown. Add capsicum, water chestnuts, soy & oyster sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes until sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, add coriander and mix through. Leave to rest for about 3-4 minutes and then stuff lettuce cups with the meat mix. Serve with chilli sauce (optional) and green tea.
Serves 2 adults for dinner or 4 as lunch or snacks.
Cooking and preparation time 20 minutes
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter