San Choy Bow (Pork Mince in Lettuce Cups)
This is a classic Asian dish that is truly delicious and fits into our maintenance and healthy eating program so well.
- 500 g lean pork mince
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 4 green shallots chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum finely chopped
- 230 g can water chestnuts drained & sliced
- 1 tbsp sliced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- Iceberg lettuce washed & pulled apart into cup size shapes
- Heat oils in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and shallots, cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add mince and stir until brown. Add capsicum, water chestnuts, soy & oyster sauce.
- Simmer for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add coriander and mix through.
- Leave to rest for about 3-4 minutes and then stuff lettuce cups with the meat mix.
- Serve with chilli sauce (optional) and green tea.