Roasted Lemon Sage Chicken
(Serves 2-4 pending size of chicken)
- 3 Sprigs sage
- 1/2 Juice of a lemon
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Whole Free-range chicken
- 3 Garlic cloves, whole
- 2 Red onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Lemon, cut in half
- 400 ml Sugar-free chicken stock
- Greens to serve
- Finely chop 2 sprigs of sage, then combine with lemon juice and olive oil into a bowl, season with salt & pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken, cover, and leave for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- Place chicken into a roasting pan along with garlic & onions.
- Add lemon halves and the remaining sage sprig into the cavity of the chicken.
- Spoon a little of the chicken stock over the top and roast the chicken for approx. 1 hour or until cooked through and golden, basting regularly with the remaining stock.
- Serve with steamed greens or green salad.