This simple little summer salad is quick and easy to prepare and so very good for you. It is light and easy on your digestion – ideal for including in your healthy eating program. It truly is one of our favourites.
- 8 large fresh prawns peeled and deveined
- 1 cup seedless watermelon cut into cubes
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit peeled, skinned and cut into cubes
- 1 ripe but still firm avocado
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1/2 cup mung beans
- 1/4 cup mint or coriander leaves
- Place watermelon cubes, grapefruit cubes, bamboo shoots, mung beans and ¾ of the mint leaves into a salad bowl. Peel and slice the avocado into sizes that match the watermelon and grapefruit. Gently toss and mix together.
- You will find it will make its own dressing – the juice of the watermelon and grapefruit combine, so it is not necessary to add extra unless you have a favourite you would like to use.
- Divide onto individual plates – place 4 prawns on each. Garnish with the mint or coriander leaves.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter