Mushroom & Brown Onion Frittata
- 8 Free range eggs
- 3 Large brown onions, sliced
- 4 Large flat mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp Tasty cheddar or parmesan cheese, grated
- Celtic sea salt to taste ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp Pure butter
- Melt butter in a hot deep frying pan and add onions and garlic.
- Reduce to low heat cover and cook for about 10 minutes then add mushrooms, pepper, and salt.
- Continue cooking until onions are soft and, caramelised –approximately another 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until aerated.
- Add the egg mix to the top of the caramelised onion & mushrooms and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Increase heat to medium, cover, and continue cooking until the egg mix is firm.
- Check to see that it is not burning on the bottom. Pierce with a skewer or fork to ensure that it is cooked through. Depending on the depth of the pan cooking time will vary (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- If there is no uncooked egg on the fork place the frying pan under a preheated oven/grill on medium/high heat, to brown the top quickly.
- Remove and allow to cool a little and then cut into slices.