Macadamia Encrusted Salmon
This recipe is dedicated not only to weigh loss/maintenance but to slowing the aging process. Salmon and macadamia nuts are full of protein and essential fatty acids, in particular omega-3, which is crucial to healthy bodies.
- 2 salmon steaks 1 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 40 g macadamia nuts chopped
- 20 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 1 dessertspoon pure butter
- 8 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 20 ml fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Dip fish in egg white, then coat with nuts. Gently push nut mixture into fish.
- Heat a skillet and add oil. When hot turn to medium heat and add the fish, cook for about 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Should be slightly pink inside.
- Melt butter and stir in parsley and lemon juice – pour over fish and remove from heat – rest for 1 minute and serve with fresh salad.
- This salmon and salad dish provides high quality protein with nutritious high fibre low GI carbohydrates.
Omega-3 oils help combat age-related diseases such as heart disease and Alzheimer’s through their anti-inflammatory properties. As an added bonus, these fatty acid oils are also great for keeping the skin younger looking. Enjoy this delicious dish that helps you look and feel fabulous.