This recipe is dedicated not only to weigh loss/maintenance but to slowing the aging process. Salmon and macadamia nuts are full of protein and essential fatty acids, in particular omega-3, which is crucial to healthy bodies.
- 2 salmon steaks 1 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 40 g macadamia nuts chopped
- 20 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 1 dessertspoon pure butter
- 8 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 20 ml fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Dip fish in egg white, then coat with nuts. Gently push nut mixture into fish.
- Heat a skillet and add oil. When hot turn to medium heat and add the fish, cook for about 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Should be slightly pink inside.
- Melt butter and stir in parsley and lemon juice – pour over fish and remove from heat – rest for 1 minute and serve with fresh salad.
- This salmon and salad dish provides high quality protein with nutritious high fibre low GI carbohydrates.
Omega-3 oils help combat age-related diseases such as heart disease and Alzheimer’s through their anti-inflammatory properties. As an added bonus, these fatty acid oils are also great for keeping the skin younger looking. Enjoy this delicious dish that helps you look and feel fabulous.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter