Hopefully this will turn your idea of a sandwich inside out. Instead of the bread laden variety, try this light, delicious, wheat-free, gluten-free, BREAD-free sandwich that’s positively delicious.
- Cutting board chef’s knife, 8-inch mandolin (optional, for thinly slicing cucumber and onion).
- 2 large leaves
- 1/4 cup mung beans
- 1/2 cup alfalfa or clover sprouts
- 1/4 ripe avocado sliced
- 6 thin slices cucumber
- 1/2 Roma tomato sliced
- 4 thin slices onion
- 1 tbsp your favourite dressing or tahini (optional)
- 4 large fresh prawns peeled (as an indulgence)
- Arrange your choice of filling on one leaf of the lettuce. Drizzle with the dressing. Place the second lettuce leaf on top, if leaves are large enough just roll it up.
- Serve immediately.
By replacing nutrient-empty white bread with fresh greens, it will provide much needed enzymes, vitamins and minerals. They give us the energy we need without the ‘carb-coma’ that often comes after eating bread. 3-4 lettuce sandwiches as below contain NO high GI starchy carbohydrates, NO sugar, NO salt and nothing artificial. We have added some prawns as quality protein in the filling (optional). They are packed full of vitamins and minerals necessary to build health and vitality. Talk about naturally perfect! So let’s make a sandwich -any lettuce will do as the wrapper, provided it is soft, pliant and can be rolled. Play around with heads of Cos, Boston lettuce, Red leaf lettuce, and other varieties to see which you like best. Lay the filling on thick—this sandwich is packed with flavour not calories.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter