The hCG diet Australia now offers a higher calorie meal plan for active lifestyles – the 800 calorie a day version of the hCG program.
The hCG diet has evolved
Some people find the original hCG program to be quite tough. With little flexibility and the idea of only 500 calories a day it can seem daunting, particularly for people who work in physically demanding jobs or who really love their exercise. 500 calories is just not sustainable in these instances.
Thankfully, the hCG diet has evolved and there is now a more flexible option to suit the active lifestyles of many of our dieters. Introducing the 800 calorie diet option – gaining in popularity due to being a great match for those who need a bit more sustenance during the hCG program.
While the standard protocol involves limiting exercise to walking or yoga for no more than 30 minutes a day, the higher calorie option means a daily running or gym session are now acceptable activities. So there is a way you can do the hCG program if you want to continue living your active lifestyle.
800 calorie diet – the rules
There are a few rules to ensure this higher calorie option actually works – and results in real weight loss:
1. You must be burning more than 200 calories a day but not more than 400 calories in a single workout. Burning more than 400 calories in one session could cause your body to go into starvation mode – despite the extra calories going in.
2. You must still follow the program. This means:
– Eat only the approved foods
– Drink the recommended amount of water
– Continue with your drops as prescribed for the original program
3. If you find that the 800 calories is not quite enough, try calculating the amount of calories needed to replenish your body after each planned workout. You can do this by estimating how many calories you have burned. Then, add an extra protein, fruit and/or vegetable serving to your daily caloric intake to match.
The 800 calorie a day option can work just as successfully as the 500 calorie version – provided you are working out each day or carrying out physically demanding activities in your work or lifestyle.
Sample 800 calorie meal plan for 1 day:
2 rice cakes, with 1 hard boiled egg and sliced tomato
1 cup strawberries
1 rice cake
asparagus and slim noodles
2 grissini stick
150g eye fillet
Drink 3 litres of water
Tea, herbal tea, green tea and coffee ok – tbsp milk per day
Remember you can use spices, lemon, vinegar and soy sauce in moderation but definitely no fat, oil or butter.
If you’re considering giving this new higher calorie program a go, be sure to get your drops along with your 800 calorie diet weekly meal planner. If you’re not keen to pause your daily workout to do the hCG program or have a physically active job or lifestyle, it could be a great option.