- 100 gm Lean minced beef
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 cup Water or broth
- 3-4 Cloves minced garlic, seasonings (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- Preheat pan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and 1 tbsp of the water/broth to pan.
- Sauté 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add more water/broth as necessary. Increase heat to medium/high.
- Add minced beef and sauté until brown - about 5 minutes.
- Add all seasonings and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Continue to add more water/broth as necessary.
- While that's cooking dice ½ of tomato and place other ½ in food processor or blender to puree.
- Mix in tomatoes, puree, and rest of broth.
- Turn heat down to medium to low and simmer until it reaches desired consistency.
I usually mix all my spices together in a small bowl so I can add them all at once.