Chicken, Vegetable & Garlic Soup
This is the food I recommend to our clients whenever they are suffering with colds, flu or infection of any kind.Chicken, vegetable & garlic soup is believed to have antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties as well as being food for the soul.It has always been our favourite soup recipe – it is quick and simple to make but tastes delicious -we hope you enjoy our version!
- 3 large chicken breasts or 6 thigh fillets chopped into small cubes
- 1 large brown onion chopped
- 2 large sticks celery, including tops chopped into chunks
- 10 Brussels sprouts
- 12 mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1/2 broccoli head chopped
- 1/4 cauliflower chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled & chopped into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp chilli paste optional
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 dessertspoon Massel chicken stock powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tbsp dried mixed herbs.
- Place all ingredients into a large sauce pan and cover with water. Stir the contents as you bring it to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Serve while still chunky and sprinkle with black pepper.
- This soup is ideal for including in a weight loss program, especially in the cooler months. It has a great balance of pure protein and low GI carbohydrates. It is easy to digest and provides an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Suitable for freezing.