This is the food I recommend to our clients whenever they are suffering with colds, flu or infection of any kind.Chicken, vegetable & garlic soup is believed to have antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties as well as being food for the soul.It has always been our favourite soup recipe – it is quick and simple to make but tastes delicious -we hope you enjoy our version!
- 3 large chicken breasts or 6 thigh fillets chopped into small cubes
- 1 large brown onion chopped
- 2 large sticks celery, including tops chopped into chunks
- 10 Brussels sprouts
- 12 mushrooms cut into quarters
- 1/2 broccoli head chopped
- 1/4 cauliflower chopped
- 2 carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled & chopped into cubes
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp chilli paste optional
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 dessertspoon Massel chicken stock powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tbsp dried mixed herbs.
- Place all ingredients into a large sauce pan and cover with water. Stir the contents as you bring it to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Serve while still chunky and sprinkle with black pepper.
- This soup is ideal for including in a weight loss program, especially in the cooler months. It has a great balance of pure protein and low GI carbohydrates. It is easy to digest and provides an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Suitable for freezing.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter