This simple, light and delicious meal is an ideal special lunch for those hot summer days!
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves
- 4 medium sized beetroot
- Celtic sea salt Ground black pepper
- 4 oranges peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 125 g goat’s cheese
- 1 pomegranate deseeded
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 400F for gas.
- Scrub the beetroot thoroughly and pat dry. Place the beetroot on a foil covered tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then cover the beetroot securely in the foil and bake for 1 3/4 hours or until the beetroot is tender when pierced with a fork. Allow it to cool then cut it into 8 wedges.
- Mix the olive oil and vinegar well in a small bowl. Divide the orange and beetroot wedges and salad leaves among four plates and then crumble and spread the goat’s cheese evenly.
- Drop some of the pomegranate seeds on to each of the plates as above.
- Drizzle each with dressing and serve.
Get your FREE Sample Phase 2 Recipe eBook
Plus subscribe to our newsletter