Beetroot, Orange and Goats Cheese Salad
- 1 cup Mixed salad leaves
- 4 Medium sized beetroot
- Celtic sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 Oranges peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 125 gm Goat’s cheese
- 1 Pomegranate, seeds removed
- 125 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Scrub the beetroot thoroughly and pat dry.
- Place beetroot on a foil-covered tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then cover the beetroot securely in the foil and bake for 1 ¾ hours or until the beetroot is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Allow it to cool then cut into 8 wedges.
- Mix the olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Divide the orange and beetroot wedges and salad leaves among four plates and crumble and spread the goat’s cheese evenly.
- Drop some of the pomegranate arils onto each of the plates, drizzle over the dressing and serve.